Currently all usual events are on hold. However we still help and support members in a different way, by phone or online. We also encourage members to keep on learning with some free online courses.
Help & Support
Will continue to be offered, BUT by phone or online, see details in panel on the right.
Another way to get help
There are tutors willing to help members from home. This is a free service. Ring or email them to get started.
Facebook help – ANNIE COSTER 03 540 3301 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Any iPad queries – COLIN HOOKER 03 528 8240 / email@example.com
Help with these topics below – KAY MATHIESON-ADAMS 0211 095902 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Downloading online library books;
Grocery shopping online;
Gmail or Google Photos help – SANDRA PRICE 0212 645 233 / email@example.com
Another way you can keep on learning during our recess, is to check out some free online courses on the internet. These are a relaxed way to increase your knowledge at your own speed, and you can repeat a module any time you wish. There are sometimes short quizzes at the end of sections to reinforce your understanding. See below for some suggestions.
- DIGITAL LEARN Getting started on a computer. Short video explanations on a wide range of topics.
- DIGITAL CITIZEN Current awareness in the IT world. Reviews, tutorials and articles.
- GCFLEARNFREE Quality mini-tutorials and explanations on subjects like image editing, email, social media and mobile device tips. Click on the TOPICS link at the top right of the screen to see the full list.
- TECHBOOMERS Access to 100+ free courses – choose from YouTube, Netflix, Selling on EBay, to Uploading Instagram Videos.
- WINDOWS 10 FORUM Follow threads and discussions on a huge range of W10 questions.